2010年4月11日星期日

Response to reading Swales chapter 4 Data commentary

I think this chapter described the data commentary using in academic writing for graduate students.
The author told us this "data commentaries" have many statements like summary statements, highlighting statements, problem statements, and etc. After reading I got to know the highlight needs good judgment by the phrase using. Does this phrase weaken in strength in a sentence, now I can answer it depends on the different words' degrees. Through some data table analyse, I read the sentences of their commentary has rigorous logic. When I write, I was really lack of that rigorous logic. If I deal with the graph and translate into academic words, I feel trouble. So when I research, I always afraid to analyse the graph. However, it is not very complex description by this article, and the author gives us the rules and terms in using. I think I will follow some terms by this article.

没有评论:

发表评论