After finished reading Swales' article, I got more understand of academic writing. When we start to write, we must consider the audience, purpose, organization, style, and presentation.(p.8) Writing was not invented, it need regulars, patterns so that readers can follow. In this article, I had studied the "good-news" and "bad-news" format. I did not pay attention to those before, when my high school teacher asked me to write a news letter, I was just use the native think way to do as a writing assignment . In organize information, the academic writing has four parts(p.12): 
Compare these steps, I found my writing before was lack in many details. I have to improve my writing skills, and try to change my native language thinking way.

Compare these steps, I found my writing before was lack in many details. I have to improve my writing skills, and try to change my native language thinking way.
Reference:Swales, J. & Feak, C. B. (1994). An Approach to Academic Writing
没有评论:
发表评论